Branch Community Rooms: Available to Reserve
The San Jose Public Library is happy to announce that the community rooms in the library are now available for rental.
For a limited time, beginning December 1, 2022, if your non-profit organization serves an underrepresented area in San Jose or a low -resourced community, please contact San Jose Public Library about the criteria for a fee waiver for your community room reservation.
Who Can Request a Reservation
The San José Public Library is committed to providing access to community rooms for the following groups:
- established nonprofit organizations, typically known as 501(c),
- individuals or organizations directly associated with the City of San José, or
- other government institutions
Community rooms are made available for events which foster community engagement and support the library’s mission.
Reservations include tables and chairs. They often have access to a sound system, microphones and podium at no extra charge. Amenities vary by location. For details about a specific branch location, select the community room you are interested in booking. Please contact the branch library for additional information.
How Much Does It Cost
Pricing varies depending on a couple factors:
- Duration: How long the reservation is can determine the price:
- $40 for 4 hours or less
- $80 for more than 4 hours
- Type of Group: We will waive the fee to $0 if the individuals or organizations requesting the booking serve residents of San Jose and meet one of these qualifications:
- directly associated with the City of San José
- meets criteria for being an under-resourced part of the community
- Library-sponsored group or other nonprofit organizations, such as clubs, scouting troops, political organizations, faith-based organizations, HOAs, and educational institutions
Initially, your cost will show as $40, but this will be adjusted to the correct amount during the approval process.
Health, Safety, & Policies
The City of San José continues to evaluate programs and facilities in consideration of the health and safety of the community. All rental events at City of San José facilities must follow current City, county, and state public health guidelines.
We encourage you to review the following: